This course is focused on equipping you with tools that apply to professional VR development. By the end of 10 weeks, you’ll be creating VR apps using Unity for mobile VR, Oculus, HTC Vive or augmented reality. If you’re interested in exploring a career in virtual and augmented reality, want to prototype an idea or want to learn new technical skills with direct help from instructors, this course is for you.
Download the Syllabus
1 On 1 Weekly
Build a Personal
WHO IS IT FOR?
This is a beginner level course, no previous experience is required. In 10 weeks, you’ll be building interactive 3D applications in Unity.
|New VR Developers|
Interested in VR? This course is designed to kickstart your development career. If you are curious about how VR experiences are created, this course is right for you!
Looking for valuable new career skills in a rapidly growing industry? Get 1 on 1 help from industry professionals and connect directly with employers.
Have a great idea you want to bring to life? Trying to build a prototype? Get hands on help figuring out how to make it work!
You’re thinking about VR / AR applications and want to be able to understand the creation process. We’ll help you learn to effectively design and scope out your projects.
The course meets twice weekly for 10 weeks:
1. Online Class (3 hours)
2. Personal VR Project (1 hour)
In section 2, the course dedicates a separate focus on your own project. Students will have a 1 on 1 weekly mentorship session together with the instructor to help build a personal VR project in Unity customized for your goals.
|Prepare Skills for the VR Industry||Add to Your VR Portfolio|
|Prototype a VR Project for a Client||Build a Professional Network|
SCHEDULE & TUITION
10:00am - 1:00pm
6:30pm - 9:30pm
Reserve your seat with a $75 deposit.
Hardware loans (Laptops, Oculus’ and HTC Vive’s) and payment plans are available, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we can help arrange a hardware loan or alternate financing plan that works for you.
Here’s what our students are saying:
- “Academy of VR kickstarted my path in VR development.” – Arush, Chemical Engineer – Toronto
- “I learned to create experiences for the HTC Vive while making some great connections to the VR industry. I feel way more confident creating my own apps in Unity.” – Maria, Graphic Designer – Toronto
- “Gave me hands on experience with Unity, which I had no prior experience with. I’m ready to start making my own VR games!” – Eric, Android Developer – Vancouver
- “The instructors were knowledgeable, friendly and approachable. The entire organization was very professional and passionate about VR.” – Rex, Student – Vancouver